Sunday 13 March 2016

Interim Presentation Draft Notes

Title Page:
  • Character Design and 3D Modeling
  • Sculpting Project
  • 3D modeling in Maya and Zbrush and Image Compositing in Photoshop
What I want to achieve:
  • To design a character, 3D model it and create a professional still of it
  • Desired end result: Professionally rendered portrait of my character
What I want to learn:
  • Time management 
  • A better knowledge of Zbrush (sculpting techniques, fibermesh, BPR Transparency, lighting and rendering)
  • A better knowledge of Maya (modeling techniques) 
  • Knowledge of image compositing in Photoshop 
Inspiration Examples:
  • Movies (Spiderwick Chronicles etc)
  • Frogs
  • Creature design
What I've done so far:
  • Design character (character sheets)
  • Started modeling in Maya and Zbrush
  • Learning fibermesh
What I've learnt so far:
  • Project time management 
  • Swift character design
  • Adapting anatomy to suit my character design
  • Fibermesh in Zbrush
Whats next?
  • Finish modeling character
  • Watch tutorials on fibermesh and then use fibermesh on my character
  • Watch tutorials on transparency in Zbrush and use BPR on my character
  • Texture character
  • Light character
  • Render character
  • Composite portrait in Photoshop

No comments:

Post a Comment